One-2-One data tutoring anyone?

Hi all, we’ve had a couple of requests from people in our open data community, for some one-on-one tutoring with specific data wrangling work they are trying to do. I know there are many talented data wranglers in our midst. Would anyone be interested in providing this type of service? Thoughts? I’m thinking @dave or @TacoSandwich or @PaulCavallaro or @david.z.ainscough or @Earl_Butterworth or @Randall_Fernando or @OpenDataMatthias or @ri1

Thanks @maree for letting me know about this. Could you please send me some more details? I am interested but I need to assess if it is feasible for me to do this.

Sure. I look forward to receiving a meeting invite. Can I please request some additional details are sent through with the invite, so that I can prepare / organise some materials to make the day very productive?

Sure :slight_smile:

Thanks @randall_Fernando, @Earl_Butterworth and @ri1. I was throwing out the question to see if anyone was open to considering it. I haven’t got a particular format in mind, and am open to suggestions. For example, I was thinking that if you would like to come and work remotely from the Precinct for an afternoon, we could advertise well in advance that you are coming and if anyone would like to book an hour tutoring session we could schedule it in? Eventually we might build up enough momentum to do a regular schedule and engage you commercially if that was of interest. Again, just thinking out loud if that sounds like it might work?

Thanks! I was throwing out the question to see if anyone was open to considering it. I haven’t got a particular format in mind, and am open to suggestions. For example, I was thinking that if you would like to come and work remotely from the Precinct for an afternoon, we could advertise well in advance that you are coming and if anyone would like to book an hour tutoring session we could schedule it in? Eventually we might build up enough momentum to do a regular schedule and engage you commercially if that was of interest. Again, just thinking out loud if that sounds like it might work?

Perhaps a monthly afternoon session at the Precinct - open to anyone to bring in their LOD issues/challenges/roadblocks/etc to brainstorm with a group of LOD experts.
(note: some of us would require a commercial engagement :slight_smile:)

Yes that sounds like a good idea and understand it should be a commercial arrangement. Perhaps we get a sponsor for the sessions.
Leave it with me.